Friday, June 5, 2009

Transcendence 3 is Mine, Mine, Mine!

See this necklace? Yep, this beautiful, award-winning, hand-carved necklace? Well, it's now mine. Mine all mine! I completely fell in love with this piece when I first saw it at the May 9th Market and told my husband, Dave, about it. A month later, a package arrived for me. It was one of the best birthday presents ever. Thanks, Dave!

Melissa Lew, the Herndon artist, will return to the Ballston A&C Market in August, so mark your calendars, people. This is a great opportunity to see one of the area's most the most talented and talked-about jewelry artists.

Transcendence 3 (my necklace!!) was awarded first place in the category/Best in Show (Handmade Beads) in the 1st Annual Bead Museum Washington DC's Celebrating Beads International Jewelry Competition. (Phew!) Hey! I've earned (or should I say bought) bragging rights!

2 comments:

Gandhali said...

that's so sweet :)

Ballston Partnership said...

Thanks Gandhali! I am so excited about it!